The beta group and how to join
Right now, Simple employees and a few customers are beta testing Shared accounts. Over time, we’ll be inviting more and more testers. If you’re interested, sign up here to join the waitlist.
Although you and your partner need a Simple account backed by BBVA Compass in order to test (more on that over here ), you can still sign up if your account is with our original partner bank, the Bancorp Bank. We’ll help you move over to BBVA Compass as soon as possible. We’re especially eager for feedback from long-term Simple customers, and that’s one of the things we’ll be keeping in mind as we invite folks to the beta.
Things you can do with your Shared account, right now
- Set up Direct Deposit: Once your Shared account is created, you can set up direct deposit by giving your new Shared account number to your employer.
- Make a Goal: Goals are up and running on the web, iOS, and Android. Create Goals and mark transactions spent from them.
- Send Shared account transfers: Like Instant, but for transferring funds from your individual account to your Shared one, and vice versa. Make a Shared account transfer on the web or with either of our mobile apps.
- Use your Shared card: Once your Shared account is created, we’ll automatically send you and your partner each a new card. You can also lock or block your own Shared card on the web or with the mobile app.
- Move money to and from your other bank accounts: Use External Accounts to link any other accounts you own. Then, move money back and forth, fee-free.
- Make payments: Send a check or pay bills with our payments feature.
- Deposit checks: You can submit deposits directly into your Shared account through the mobile app.
- Download your statements: Okay, so this probably isn’t on the hot list of features you’re looking for. Statements are an essential banking basic, though, and you can download them on the web.
Bugs we’re planning to squash
The beta is all about testing Shared and making them better. New technology comes with bugs and unintended behaviors, and we’re relying on testers like you to help us find them so we can fix them. Here’s a list of bugs that we’re currently working on. If you run into anything that isn’t on this list, give us a call at 888-248-0632 or so we can get it resolved.