Getting your refund
Depositing your refund is really straightforward.
- The quickest option is to have your refund directly deposited into Simple. Just double check those account and routing numbersthose account and routing numbersthose account and routing numbers!
- If you choose to get your refund as a check, keep our Photo Check Deposit limits in mind. If the check exceeds your deposit limit, you can deposit it by mail. Joint refund checks must be endorsed by both people on the check.
One thing to keep in mind: the refund has to be in your name. We can accept joint tax refunds as long as one of the people listed on the refund is the account owner.
If you want to know when your refund will arrive, you can track it over here: https://www.irs.gov/Refunds
Paying your taxes
There are several ways to pay your taxes with Simple.
- You can schedule an auto debit (also called electronic funds transfers).
- The IRS and some states accept card payments, so you can pay them with your Simple Visa® Card. Keep in mind the $6,000 daily card spend limit.
- You can mail them a paper check or money order. You can pick up a money order with your Simple card at any USPS office. You can also get them with cash at many grocery and convenience stores.
We will mail you a 1099-INT if your account has earned $10 or more in value over a calendar year. This can include interest, a credit for opening an account when referred, or potentially other credits. If your account has earned less than $10, we won't send you a 1099-INT.
Other 1099 forms may be issued as necessary.