Checks We Can’t Process
We're able to accept and process most checks and money orders, as long as they're properly written and endorsed, but there are a few specific types of deposits we’re not able to accept.
We cannot accept:
- Checks that are written from another personal account you own. If you'd like to move money from another personal bank account to Simple, you can link an external account.
- Cash advance checks from credit card issuers.
- Traveler's checks.
- Most loan checks.
- Checks that aren't in your name, such as checks written to another person or a business.
- Printed eChecks.
- Checks from international banks or checks that are not in U.S. dollars.
- U.S. Savings Bonds. If you have a bond you need to cash, you may be able to do so at a local bank (even if you're not a customer). There's usually a limit on the amount you can cash per day. The Treasury webpage outlines all the options for cashing bonds.
Hit us up if you're not sure whether or not we'll be able to accept a specific check. We're happy to take a look at it and see!