Round-up Rules Beta
Welcome to the Round-up Rules Beta
Thanks for helping us test out this exciting feature! Round-up Rules allow you to build up your savings with no effort required. All you do is use your Simple checking account as usual. We’ll help you tuck funds away for another day by moving the funds into your Protected Goals Account.
Pssst... if you aren't in the beta yet, but want in, sign up for our waitlist here.
Cool, but how does it actually work?
With Simple Round-up Rules, any settled debit (card, Instant Transfer, ACH, paper check) made using your Simple account is rounded up to the next full dollar amount. If the charge is for a whole dollar, a dollar will be rounded up. In order to avoid cluttering your activity feed, we’ll wait until the total amount of Round-up contributions hits $5+, at which point the funds are transferred to your Savings Goal in your Protected Goal Account.
Okay, I get it. I want it. What now?
You’ll need to opt in on our web app for now, but you’ll still get a mobile push whenever money is transferred to your Protected Goals Account. You’ll also be able to see the transfer in your activity.
Are there any requirements? How do I sign up?
- There aren’t any specific account requirements, but you must have both a Checking and Protected Goal Account.
- You’ll need to opt in on our web app for now, but you’ll still get a mobile push whenever money is transferred to your Protected Goal Account. You’ll also be able to see the transfer in your activity listed as a “Protected Account Round-Up Transfer”.
What if I don't have enough in my Safe-to-Spend?
- Great question. If you have less than your Round-up transfer amount in your Safe-to-Spend, we’ll wait. Once you have enough funds in your Safe-to-Spend, we’ll move the funds to your Savings Goal.
Can I use this on my Shared account?
- You sure can!
Whoa, why did my Round-up happen today? I haven’t used my card or anything.
- Since transaction amounts can vary slightly during the settlement process we’ll wait for your transactions to settle to contribute funds to your next Round-up.
Can I see how close I am to my next Round-up?
- This is an automated savings rule, and for this beta we haven’t built a progress indicator. But, you’ll see the transfers in your activity feed when they happen, and will receive a push notification.
- If you’re curious to see how much you’ve saved this month or all time with Round-up head to your Goals page on the web app. You’ll see it listed there.
Got more questions?
- Maybe we can answer them here in our Round-up Rules Beta Agreement.