Round-up Rules allow you to build up your savings with no effort required. All you do is use your Simple checking account as usual. We’ll help you tuck funds away for another day by moving the funds into your Protected Goals Account.
Cool, but how does it actually work?
With Simple Round-up Rules, any settled debit transaction (card, Instant Transfer, ACH, etc.) is rounded up to the next full dollar amount. If the charge is for a whole dollar, a dollar will be rounded up. In order to avoid cluttering your activity feed, we’ll wait until the total amount of Round Up funds equals at least $5, and then we’ll transfer the funds from your checking on over to your Savings Goal in your Protected Goal Account.
Okay, I get it. I want it. What now?
You’ll need to opt in on our web app, but you’ll get a mobile push whenever money is transferred to your Protected Goals Account. You’ll also be able to see the transfer in your activity.
Here's what to do:
- Sign in to your Simple account on the web.
- Hover your mouse over your name in the upper right corner.
- Click on Rules.
- Toggle Round-up Rules on.
That’s it. Now start saving!
Are there any requirements? How do I set it up?
- There aren’t any specific account requirements, but you must have both a Checking and Protected Goal Account.
What if I don't have enough in my Safe-to-Spend?
- Great question. If you have less than your Round-up transfer amount in your Safe-to-Spend, we’ll wait and try again later. Once you have enough funds in your Safe-to-Spend, we’ll move the funds to your Savings Goal.
Can I use this on my Shared account?
- You sure can! It will round your shared account transactions and deposit the excess into your shared Protected Goal Account.
Whoa, why did my Round-up happen today? I haven’t used my card or anything.
- Since transaction amounts can vary slightly during the settlement process we’ll wait for your transactions to completely settle before we contribute funds to your next Round-up.
How do I see how much I've saved?
- If you’re curious to see how much you’ve saved so far with Round-up Rules head to the Goals page on the web app. We'll show you how much you've saved this month and how much you've saved over time. You’ll also be able to see Round-up transfers in your activity whenever they happen.