Can I use Google Pay with Simple?
Yup! You can use your Simple card with Google Pay. Follow the steps below to get up and running.
Setting it up
To get started, install the Google Pay app, open it up, and add your Simple card number. Check out Google’s step-by-step guide for detailed instructions.
The info on your card will be cross-checked with the info on your phone. If it matches, your card will be instantly verified and you’ll be good to go! If it doesn’t match, you’ll be asked to submit additional verification.
Verifying your card (if you need to)
You may be able to verify with 2FA using your phone number or email address. In some cases, you may be prompted to contact us so we can help you along.
- If you’re asked for verification after you add your card to the Google Pay app, visit https://www.simple.com/googlepay on an Android device (you’ll need to have the current version of the Simple app installed).
- We’ll ask you to answer a few verification questions. If you happen to have a Shared account, the verification screen will let you select whether you're trying to verify your Shared card or your individual one.
- Once we get your verification request, we’ll work to activate Google Pay for you. This typically takes a couple of business days, since it’s a manual process on our end.
- We’ll send you a message when we’ve finished the verification process. At that point, your Simple card will be ready to use with Google Pay!
What if something happens to my phone?
If your phone is lost or stolen, you can disable Google Pay with the Android Device Manager. Temporarily blocking your card will also prevent unauthorized transactions from going through. You can do this yourself, or give us a call at 888-248-0632 so we can block it for you.
Managing your notifications
- The Google Pay app will automatically send you push notifications when you make a purchase with Google Pay.
- The Simple app will also notify you when you make a purchase with your Simple card.
- That means you might get two push notifications for a single purchase.
- If you don’t want double notifications, you can disable them for either Simple or Google Pay from that app’s settings.